The Schlage M490DE Delayed Egress Locking System is designed to meet NFPA 101 Life Safety Code, while providing the same robust, easy to install, security of our M400 Series line of electromagnetic locks. The M490DE delayed egress can be configured to trigger by an internal "plunger switch," or by external contacts, such as an electrified exit bar or request to exit device. The M490DE can also be configured to initiate a 15 second delay and audible alarm before unlocking.
All M400 Series locks have automatic voltage sensing for 12 and 24 volts along with polarity protection to make wiring less complex. The M490DE is tested and certified to meet or exceed UL 294 and BHMA 1500lb. hold force requirements.
The M490DE electromagnetic lock comes in two configurations to meet your specific security needs. The M490DE provides basic security and delayed egress functionality, while the M490DEP provides intelligent sensing and reporting features needed to integrate with access control systems.
- Traffic control: 500 lb. rated hold force
- High security: 1000 lb. rated hold force
- Maximum security: 1500 lb. rated hold force
- Delayed egress models in 1500 lb. rated hold force
- Fail-safe operation on single or double doors
- Top jamb andcompatible with HERCULITE®brand glass doors
- Automatic voltage selection (AVS) for 12 and 24 VDC
- Bayonet design eliminates need to hold magnet overhead while mounting bracket is installed
- Symmetrical design speeds in-field handing
- Armature mount pivot feature compensates for slight opening imperfections for a better bond
Delayed egress models
- Plunger switch and external switch input
- Authorized release input
- On-board audible alarm and bi-color LED
- Fire alarm terminals
Certifications for egress model
- UL 10C listed for positive pressure fire tests of door assemblies: 3 hour
- UL special locking arrangements
- Meets NFPA 101 life safety code
- ANSI/BHMA 156.24
- UL294 listed for access control system
Name : Schlage M490DE M400 Series Electromagnetic Lock with Delayed Egress, Aluminum Housing, 628 Satin Finish , Schlage
Category : Magnetic Locks
UPC Code : 043156585359
Country of Origin : Canada. Country of origin is subject to change.
ADI Part Number : LC-M490DE
Brand Name : Schlage
Manufacturer : Allegion plc
Manufacturer Part Number : M490DE
Packaged Quantity : 1
Product Model : M490DE
Product Name : M490DE Magnetic Lock
Product Series : M400
Product Type : Magnetic Lock
Weight (Approximate) (g) : 7257.478
Holding Force (g) : 544310.844
Application/Usage : Door, Gate
Form Factor : Surface Mount
Lock Depth : 12.50"
Lock Depth (mm) : 317.5
Lock Height : 3"
Lock Height (mm) : 76.2
Lock Width : 3.06"
Lock Width (mm) : 77.724
Weight (Approximate) : 16 lb
Input Current : 45 mA, 75 mA
Input Current (A) : 0.045, 0.075
Input Voltage : 12 V DC, 24 V DC
Input Voltage (V DC) : 12, 24
Finishing : Clear Anodized
Holding Force : 1200 lb
Limited Warranty : Lifetime
Additional Information : <ul><li>LED Indication with audible alerts</li><li>Automatic voltage selection</li><li>Internal plunger switch</li><li>1500 lbs. hold force</li><li>Fire alarm input</li><li>Release input</li><li>Reset input</li></ul>
Certifications & Standards : <p>ANSI/BHMA 156.24, UL special locking arrangements, UL 10C, cUL, CSFM, UL294 certifications</p>
Features : Automatic Voltage Selection (AVS), Door Position Switch (DPS), Magnetic Bond Sensor (MBS), Relock Time Delay (RTD)