The ComNet FDW1000 data extenders provide optical connectivity between one card reader and its associated door or gate locking hardware, to any Wiegand, MagStripe, or F/2F-based control panel. The connection is completely supervised and secure, and a pair of these units will support a single locking gate or door and its associated reader using two multimode or singlemode optical fibers. When used with the ComNet EXP-100 Expansion Module, up to 7 gates or doors and readers may be integrated onto the same network. A service mode provides easy and fast set-up and configuration when the EXP-100 is used, and user selection of the reader formats via DIP-switch setting is included. An auxiliary I/O (input/output) interface is available for determining door, gate, and control panel status and signaling, and a relay interface provides the door strike or gate activation functions. These extenders are designed for long-term, reliable operation in harsh industrial environments, and a fault-specific LED indicator is provided for rapidly ascertaining the operating status of the extender and the link. Packaged in a rugged aluminum housing, the FDW1000 is designed for shelf or surface mounting. The FDW1000 series are supplied as a remote unit for door or gate locations, and a central unit for control panel installation.
Features for FDW1000 Series
- Status indicating LEDs provide rapid indication of critical operating parameters.
- Wiegand, MagStripe, or F/2F-based reader formats/control panel-compatible.
- Made in the USA
- Completely supervised and secure operation
- Service mode provides simple and fast system set-up and configuration
- DIP-switch selection of the desired reader format
- Auxiliary I/O (input/output) interface is available for ascertaining door, gate, and control panel status and signaling.
- Relay interface provides door strike or gate activation functions.
- Voltage transient/surge protected.
- Plug-and-play design ensures ease of installation and no electrical or optical adjustments are ever required.
- Compact form-factor saves space in those installations where space may be at a premium.
- Lifetime Warranty
Name : ComNet FDW1000S/R Optical Wiegand Extender, Remote Unit , Comnet
Category : Reader Extenders
UPC Code : 845770008982
Country of Origin : United States. Country of origin is subject to change.
ADI Part Number : C4-FDW1000SR
Brand Name : ComNet
Manufacturer : ACRE
Manufacturer Part Number : FDW1000S/R
Product Name : Optical Wiegand Extender, Remote Unit
Product Series : FDW1000
Product Type : Reader Extender
Application/Usage : Door, Gate, Magnetic Stripe Reader
Form Factor : Shelf Mountable, Surface-mountable
Height : 2"
Height (mm) : 50.8
Width : 3.1"
Width (mm) : 78.74
Length : 4.5"
Length (mm) : 114.3
Country of Origin : United States
Environmentally Friendly : Yes