Play music in four rooms at the same time
Did you buy a house that came with speakers already installed in the walls or ceilings? Or are youplanning to put in a system like that from scratch? In either case, I can recommendAudioSource's AD508 as anamplificationoption for your medium-sized home.
This high-current, four-zone amppowersup to eight speakers simultaneously. It's flexibletoo. Play the same source through all four zones, or have a different source play in each of your zones.
Plenty of power under the hood
AudioSource made sure that the '508 has enough horsepower for your speakers. It delivers 65 watts per channel into eight ohms, and a robust 100 watts per channel into four ohms. Need a mountain of power to drive your heavy-duty outdoor or floor-standing speakers? Bridge two channels together and get a mighty 200 watts per channel into eight ohms.
The AD508 offers two pairs of RCA inputs, as well as one optical digital input. These are handy for playing multiple sources in your various listening rooms at the same time. Each zone also has a dedicated pair of RCA inputs for playing a "local" source in that room only.
Want to expand your multi-room system? Use the RCA outputs to feed audio signals to an additional amp of your choice.
Multiple power-on options
The '508 can be turned on manually, or automatically when it detects a source. It's also 12-volt trigger compatible, so you can have it turn on when another piece of equipment is fired up.
Rear-mounted bass and treble controls provide tone adjustments.
- 65 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.2% THD with all channels driven
- 100 watts x 8 into 4 ohms
- 200 watts x 4 bridged into 8 ohms (at 1 kHz)
- 8-channel amplifier with 4 independent playback zones
- play the same source through all 4 zones, or have a different source play in each one
- high-efficiency switching amplifier design
- Over Temperature Protection (OTP) gently reduces power if temperature gets too high, avoiding shutoff
- Over Current Protection (OCP) differentiates between a direct short and a dynamically low speaker impedance
- optical digital input for connecting a TV, CD player, or network streaming device
- rear-panel bass and treble controls
- rear-mounted, independent gain controls for each channel
- Bus 1 and Bus 2 RCA inputs can be assigned to any channel so that different sources are available for each zone
- each pair of bus inputs has a corresponding output that can be daisy-chained to another amplifier
- discrete pairs of "local" RCA inputs for each zone
- Phoenix-style speaker connectors
- three power-on modes (normal, signal-sensing, trigger)
- infrared remote control included
- rack-mountable with included hardware
- two-rack spaces high (3.5" tall without feet)
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB
- 16-3/4"W x 4"H x 16-5/8"D
- weight: 32.4 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
Name : AudioSource AD508 8-Channel Multi-room Digital Power Amplifier , AudioSource
Category : Amplifiers
UPC Code : 041087906595
Country of Origin : . Country of origin is subject to change.
ADI Part Number : UI-AD508
Brand Name : AudioSource
Manufacturer : Rodin
Manufacturer Part Number : AD508
Product Model : AD508
Product Name : AD508 Amplifier
Product Type : Amplifier
Weight (Approximate) (g) : 6350.293
Audio Channels : 8
Impedance : 8 Ohm
Impedance (Ohm) : 8
Maximum Frequency Response : 20 kHz
Minimum Frequency Response : 20 Hz
RMS Output Power : 400 W
RMS Output Power (W) : 400
Depth : 20"
Depth (mm) : 508
Height : 10"
Height (mm) : 254
Weight (Approximate) : 14 lb
Width : 15"
Width (mm) : 381