CONTACTLESS READERS FOR "CONTROLLED" AREAS ENABLE HIGH SECURITY, INTEROPERABILITY AND COMPLIANCE
- Part of an integrated solution from a single, trusted provider - Enable FIPS 201 compliance per NIST SP 800-116 guidelines and the TWIC Reader Specification.
- Contactless reader solutions for "Controlled" security areas - Meet NIST's "Controlled" security area assurance-level requirements with a single-factor authentication.
- Support multiple card types - Work with PIV, PIV-I, CAC, CIV (a.k.a., PIV-C), TWIC, FRAC, iCLASS® and HID Prox® cards for easy, phased transitions from legacy technology to new PKI-enabled smart cards.
HID Global's pivCLASS Government Solutions portfolio enables facilities to upgrade their existing physical access control system (PACS) to achieve FIPS 201 compliance.
The pivCLASS contactless readers (R10 and R40) and their proximity-enabled versions deliver the "Controlled" assurance level defined in the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) SP 800-116 guidelines when used with the pivCLASS Authentication Module (PAM) to perform a single-factor authentication check.CHUID + VIS Authentication
- The pivCLASS system tests the signature on the PIV Card Holder Unique IDentifier (CHUID) data object. The CHUID signature check ensures the card is authentic (came from a valid issuer) and has integrity (has not been altered).
Because the CHUID is a "free read" and will be transmitted unencrypted to any reader, it could be possible for perpetrators to capture a PIV card's CHUID and create a counterfeit card. However, the required visual check (VIS) of the card secures against this threat by making it possible to identify cards that have been counterfeited or altered.CAK Authentication
- The full duplex version of these pivCLASS readers work with the PAM to perform a PKI challenge-response test in addition to a signature check to validate the card authentication key (CAK). The challenge-response test ensures the public key in the card authentication certificate is bound to the private key on the card. This CAK authentication secures against cards that have been counterfeited, altered, copied or cloned. The half duplex version of these readers supports the OSDP protocol to half duplex authentication modules.
These pivCLASS readers are guaranteed to meet the stringent specifications for operation, reliability and interoperability with other Genuine HID™ products.
Name : HID 900PHRNEK00466 pivCLASS R10 Reader, 125 kHz Support for HID Prox, AWID and EM4102, 13.56 MHz Contactless Supports PKI-Based FIPS 201, RS485 FDX, Pigtail, Standard v1, CSN Suppressed, Black , HID Global
Category : Smart Readers
UPC Code : 639399046452
Country of Origin : +1. Country of origin is subject to change.
ADI Part Number : HU-900PHRNK0
Brand Name : HID
Manufacturer : HID Global Corporation
Manufacturer Part Number : 900PHRNEK00466
Product Line : pivCLASS
Product Model : 900PHRNEK00466
Product Name : pivCLASS SE RP10-H Smart Card Reader
Product Type : Smart Card Reader
Weight (Approximate) (g) : 114
Host Interface : Pigtail
Maximum Operating Range : 1.20"
Maximum Operating Range (mm) : 30
Media Supported : Contact/Contactless
Connectivity Technology : Cable
Color : Black
Depth : 0.9"
Depth (mm) : 23
Height : 1.9"
Height (mm) : 48
Weight (Approximate) : 4.02 oz
Width : 4.1"
Width (mm) : 104
Limited Warranty : Lifetime
Environmental Certification : GreenCircle, RoHS 2
Environmentally Friendly : Yes