The NEW IDEAL Feed-Thru CAT5e 8P8C (eight position/eight contact) modular plug connector is the first feed-thru style connector and tool solution to offer a flush cut of the excess conductor to the face of the modular plug. A patent pending design enables conductors to be cut flush with the end face of the connector when used with the FT-45™tool (30-495). The flush cut eliminates inadvertent contact among adjacent conductors or with the mating jack. Conductor spacing is maintained for reliable performance in PoE and data applications.
Feed-Thru connectors have several additional advantages and improvements to traditional closed end modular plugs in assembly and termination:
As conductors feed-thru the connector face, all are visibly inserted far enough to be pierced by the pin below - eliminates short wires or opens.
Conductor order can then be verified before the connector is crimped. This elimates wasted connectors, saves time in assembly, and reduces the chances of finding an error during a wiremap test of the cable.
The cable can be pushed or pulled into the connector to ensure that the twisted pairs are within 1/2" of the pin contacts and that the jacket is seated beyond the primary strain relief for a secure connection-better NEXT performance, minimal untwisted wires.
Single piece connector, no special assembly or multiple pieces simplify the modular plug assembly process - no measuring or exact cutting required.
- Feed-Thru 8 position, 8 contact RJ-45 modular plug for CAT5e, 100Ω balanced twisted pair 100 MHz cables.
- 50 micro-inch gold plating on contact mating area for long term reliability in connectivity, even after hundreds of mating cycles.
- Complies with industry standard mechanical and electrical specifications for compatibility with compliant modular jacks and ports.
- Designed to work seamlessly with IDEAL FT-45™Modular Plug Crimp Tool. Also compatible for crimping (no cutting of conductors) in the IDEAL Telemaster™crimping tools.
- Three prong contact design for use with solid or stranded 23-24 AWG insulated copper conductors up to 0.041" in diameter.
- Accepts outer jacket cable diameters of up to .270".
- Permanent connection - once crimped they cannot be reused.
- Primary and secondary strain relief supports to retain cable jacket and minimize conductor movement once crimped.
- Optional external strain relief boots are available.
Name : IDEAL 85-372J CAT5e Feed-Thru Modular Plug, 100-Pack , IDEAL Industries
Category : Network Cable Connectors
UPC Code : 783250804382
Country of Origin : Taiwan. Country of origin is subject to change.
ADI Part Number : IL-85372J
Brand Name : IDEAL
Manufacturer : IDEAL Industries, Inc
Manufacturer Part Number : 85-372J
Packaged Quantity : 100
Product Name : CAT5e Feed-Thru Modular Plugs -100 Jar
Product Type : Connector Insert
Application/Usage : Patch Panel
Material : Copper